Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tebow Time

Prepare yourselves for this. This past Sunday and Monday, I, Kyle Just, read for pure pleasure! Yes, that's right, pleasure. I was not reading for a grade, for research, or any other reason to force me to read. For the first time in years, I picked up a book and opened it to enjoy some light reading.

I'm still reading Through My Eyes by Tim Tebow and have loved every minute of it. I'm about halfway done now and I'd like to point out a couple things.

1) Tim Tebow is probably the hardest working athlete in the country. His mentality of working out is 'Someone is out there working harder than you.' That was his thought every time he picked up a dumbbell or went through a drill in practice. I would love to see him workout, just to watch his effort. He is a beast!

2) Tim Tebow trusts God with 100% of his heart. There is never a time that Tebow doesn't pray to God for guidance or praise. Even as I watch him on TV, he praises God for his abilities, the opportunity to play in the NFL, the opportunity to witness in front of thousands of viewers, and even losses. After the Broncos lost to the Patriots, Tebow still thanked God for what he has been blessed with.

I don't understand how people can hate on Tim Tebow so much. Even though he's an unorthodox quarterback in the NFL, he still has the leadership, talent, and effort to put together a win. He is a great inspiration to all people. Tebow deserves a lot more credit than he's given, but the critics will always have something to talk about. We will continue on with this 'controversy' and see what happens, but in the end Tebow has God on his side and that's all that he really wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment