Thursday, September 24, 2009

Crank Up the Tunes!!!

Have you ever thought about how often you listen to music? If you haven't, just think about it real quick. When you drive in the car, do you turn on the radio or put in a CD? Do you listen to music while you sleep? Maybe you listen to pump up music while you workout or before a game. Or sometimes you just feel like listening to music because....well, you like music. I tell you what, I listen to music ALL the time. I have music going when I workout, when I sleep, when I shower, when I'm chillin in my room, when I get in the car. Basically, I listen to music as often as I can and I download music like crazy. Could be the reason I have over 2,000 songs on my iPod (Yes Dad, that IS a lot of music).

Now think about this. What if there was absolutely NO music in the world. Kinda hard to imagine, isnt' it? How different do you think it would be? Hmmm. Well let's see. We would not have anymore worship in church, bands would have to find new careers, there wouldn't be background music to Monday Night Football. WOAH!!! I don't wanna think about that! I have a feeling some people would go crazy without music (me included).

Here's a challenge for ya. See if you can go one whole day without any music. Turn off the radio, mute the TV when songs start playing, just completely go without a song. Impossible? Maybe. But I think it could be interesting to try it out. Let me know how it goes for ya if you try it.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we just need some quiet. As much as I like music, it's good to hear the sounds of silence. As far as worship goes, you don't have to have music to experience worship. Ponder that sonny boy.

    ReplyDelete