Tuesday, September 1, 2009

As You Wish

Today, as I get back into my room after a day of classes, I realize that I have a really strong urge to watch The Princess Bride. I go to the library and luckily it's still available for check out. I excitedly grab it and prance back to the room (I didn't literally prance, but in my mind I was imagining myself doing so). I'm actually still watching the movie right now, and it's still one of my all time favorites.

So what is it about The Princess Bride that makes it so great? Let's take a look, shall we?

  • An amazing combo of a romance, action, and comedy movie. I can watch it with my family, friends, and even my girlfriend!
  • The characters in the movie fit their parts perfectly! I couldn't replace them with anybody
  • Such a quotable movie
"No more rhyming, I mean it!"
"Anybody want a peanut?"

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die"

"EVERYBODY MOVE!!!!"

"Inconceivable!"

"Bow to the Queen of Slime, the Queen of Filth, the Queen of Putrescence. Boo. Boo. Rubbish. Filth. Slime. Muck. Boo. Boo. Boo."

"Mawiage. Mawiage is what bwings us togetha...today"

  • Movie that can be watched over and over. I never get tired of watching it
So there you have it. One of the all time greats...The Princess Bride. I need some popcorn now!

1 comment: